Proper aftercare of a tattoo is essential for optimum healing,
& greatly influences your finished product.
Strict adherence is the client’s responsibility!
Instructions for tattoo without Tatu Derm
3 THINGS~3 TIMES A DAY~FOR 3 DAYS
REMOVE PROTECTIVE COVERING AFTER 2-3 HOURS
- With clean hands wash tattoo gently with a mild antibacterial liquid soap and cool water. Do not use a washcloth or anything other than your hand. Do this 3-4 times a day for the first 3 days. Dry your tattoo by blotting with a soft, clean disposable paper towel. Do not soak your tattoo in water, which includes hot tubs, swimming, and baths/showers. It’s OK to wash, it’s NOT OK to soak for 7-14 days.
- Vitamin A & D ointment or Aquaphor is suggested because it has worked well for many people. Everyone is different when it comes to how their bodies heal. The suggested ointment does have an allergy disclaimer on it that you should read thoroughly before attempting to use. It is important to use only a small amount when applying a coat to your new artwork. Too much ointment does not allow the tattoo to breathe. Not enough ointment will cause scabbing. Make sure to rub the ointment in thoroughly over the entire tattoo. Each time you wash the tattoo, you need to replace the ointment. Use ointment sparingly.
- For the first 3 days, your tattoo will be draining. This is part of the healing process. The 3rd & final rule is to keep clothing or any other cloth away from the tattoo as much as possible while you are awake. If the tattoo drains into the cloth, it can actually become stuck to the tattoo making a worse scenario.
AFTER 72 HOURS (3 days), STOP A&D AND SWITCH TO UNSCENTED HAND LOTION
Your new tattoo shouldn’t scab, but might and should peel like a mild sunburn.
DO NOT PICK or SCRATCH your new tattoo.
Instructions for Tatu Derm
- DO NOT remove the bandage for 5 days. During the first couple days that you have the Tatu Derm on the tattoo with fill with fluid. You won’t be able to see your tattoo this is normal. The only thing that you need to watch for is if a large pocket forms with fluid. In that case you can come in and we can help you with that. If you’re not able to come in you can pull up a corner of the bandage and let the tattoo drain (Do this at home with gloves on and drain the fluid into a clean towel that can be thrown away.
- There is no aftercare with the Tatu Derm bandage. You can shower, swim, and hot tub. It is a waterproof bandage. You do still want to keep it out of the sun.
- After the 5 days you can remove the bandage then start to use unscented lotion.
AVOID SUN EXPOSURE FOR 2 WEEKS ~ SPF 60 RECOMMENDED